Industry: Oil & Gas
Beach Energy seamlessly migrates from Oracle to SAP ECC
About Beach Energy
Beach Energy is a leading oil & gas exploration and production company, based in Adelaide, Australia. Founded in 1961, they have operated and non-operated, onshore and offshore, oil and natural gas production from five producing basins across Australia and New Zealand and they are a key supplier to the Australian east coast natural gas market.
Beach has recently acquired Lattice Energy and with the acquisition of a new business unit, there was a need for Data Migration from their Oracle E-Business Suite to Beach Energy’s SAP ECC. They needed an efficient data migration solution for this.
Beach Energy has successfully completed the data transfer using MDO (Master Data Online). Data was extracted from Oracle E-Business Suite, transformed to SAP ECC structures and nomenclature. The extracted data from Oracle was staged in MDO and all the transformations were done using SAP Data services. The transformed data was then stored in MDO and loaded to SAP using data load files. Business transformation rules were applied on MDO for defining the SAP ECC format for a smooth transition of data from MDO to SAP ECC. Post the Data Migration, a data reconciliation and data quality report were executed within MDO to ensure data accuracy and successful migration of the entire data set.
- With the acquisition of a new business unit, there was a need for Data Migration as fast as possible.
- Beach and Lattice have been operating on different ERP Systems, the similarity in their operations, suppliers, products and services may have created duplicates in master data.
- Needed a trusted solution that understands the Oil & Gas industry and who can apply this knowledge as well as leverage the global best ERP solution implementation practices provided by SAP.
- Migration of the acquired assets and underlying ERP related functions from the legacy Oracle system onto the existing Beach SAP system.
- An efficient solution was required for the integration between the systems to transfer the data.
- MDO helped in achieving the Lattice assets operating to their current level of capability very fast.
- De-duplication, matching and cleansing of master data before the data is migrated to the single SAP instance ensured that no duplicates are present in the system.
- Successful migration of Supply Chain Management data. It included Material Master, Vendor Master, Purchasing Info Records, Contracts, Purchase Orders & Stock Balances.
- Data migration of masters related to Plant Maintenance. It included Functional Locations, Functional Location BOM, Task Lists, Work Orders, Notifications, Maintenance Plans, Maintenance Items, Maintenance Plan Start, Counters & Characteristic Value Assignments.
- Successful data migration of Asset Master.